Trachsville and Stemlersville - History of Towamensing Township
          The largest "village" for most of the Township's history was Trachsville.   The name was taken from Captain Lynford Troch,  who once owned the land in the area.  Troch opened a store there in 1856 and since it was on the early "Stagecoach Road", established a post office with himself as the postmaster.   Another post office along the road was located in Stemlersville.  Daniel Stemier purchased property in that area in 1829 and later maintained a post officer and tavern there until his death in 1871